ATLANTIC AVENUE LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
2013 ATLANTIC AVENUE HOLIDAY EVENTS AND
THEME TO BE HELD FROM THE WATERFRONT TO THE ARENA!
“Favorite Holiday Songs”
Save these dates!
Atlantic Avenue Holiday Windows Design Competition. Judging will be held Tuesday, November 26th. Prominent representatives of local community and cultural organizations will meet at 6pm at Hollow Nickel at 494 Atlantic Avenue (btwn Nevins & Third Avenue) and walk the Avenue from Fourth Avenue to the waterfront to view store windows. Stores will be encouraged to take into consideration this year’s theme of Favorite Holiday Songs when planning their holiday windows. Judges include (list in formation): Diane Jacobowitz, Executive Director of Dancewave, Mac Premo, graphic artist/animator, Strafe, musician/songwriter best known for his hit, Set it Off, and producer Fred Brown of BRIC.
Annual Atlantic Avenue Tree Lighting & Party. Tuesday, December 3rd, 6 – 8:00 pm at Belarusian Church at 401 Atlantic Avenue, corner of Bond Street in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn.
Free and Open to the public.
- Annual Tree Lighting at 6pm SHARP to be officiated by Councilmember Stephen Levin
- Annual Atlantic Avenue Holiday Window Design Competition winners to be announced
- Holiday Party with special performances to include Rolie Polie Guacamole, Dancewave, and children from P.S. 38
- Special guest Santa will greet the children
- Toy & Book collection to contribute to Councilmember Stephen Levin’s toy and book drive for children living in Gowanus Houses (Gowanus) and Independence Towers (Williamsburg). Bring new toy or book fully wrapped with written note on wrapping paper indicating appropriate gender and age group.
During holiday season look for these along Atlantic Avenue:
- Favorite holiday recipes shared at participating stores. In the last two years more than 100 different recipes have been made available
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/AtlanticAvenueLDC
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/AtlanticAveLDC